04 February 2011

Button-push.

Photobucket

The button-push of sunshine after weeks of grey?

Eyes ache a happy ache, while mouth-corners hike to the peaks of cheekbones and camp there. Dust shows up on surfaces that looked clean in the non-light of yesterday, and I happily wipe away in moments so many days' accumulated dull drabness. I pause by windows, turn my face up, squint eyelash-kisses at the warmth and honey-love of oozing light that can't seem to get enough of me, either.

Laughter erupts, a broken spirit slurps itself back together, puddles of tears dry, fingers intertwine, eyes meet, and I wish-will-wink-demand tulips to bloom in the basket on the countertop.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ... now you have me craving that moment this spring when the sun breaks through and I can turn my face towards it's warmth. Wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete

Your words are worth a thousand pictures.